freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 151, Issue 14

Christopher M. Hobbs chobbs at siloamsprings.com
Fri Sep 15 10:31:23 PDT 2006

Message: 27
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:49:53 -0400
From: "Bob M." <bob.middaugh at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Firefox+Flash
To: White Hat <pigskin_referee at yahoo.com>
Cc: FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 14:57 -0700, White Hat wrote:
> > FreeBSD 6.1
> >
> > I have been trying to get a few of my friends to try
> > FBSD on their PCs without much success. One of the
> > major problems is the inability to get flash to work
> > properly to display videos available on Google. I know
> > that the linux-flash port is marked broken, so that it
> > out. How else can I get flash to work so I can perhaps
> > persuade them to try FBSD?
> >
> > I have KDE and Firefox installed obviously. I tried
> > ports, but they did not not seem to work.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > > This works for me, make sure you have the src tree under /usr/src.
> > >
> > > http://www.unixlike.com.br/?p=%2081
> > >
> > > There's an english translation somewhere, but if you just follow
> > > the
> > > commands you'll be ok.
> > >
> > > Bob

I put together a really quick translation at work a while back for some
co-workers.

http://altbit.org/?p=111

Isn't the linux flash plugin 7 (used in this article) broken anyhow?
See:  http://www.freshports.org/www/linux-flashplugin7/

I've been trying to install it on a new machine with little luck.  I
normally don't have any problems, so it's probably just an oversight on
my part.

cmh
- --
Christopher M. Hobbs