Newbie Experience -- Linux/BSD Differences

Joel Adamson trashbird1240 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 17:19:11 PDT 2006

If I may comment as someone who knows only that BSD looks better to a newbie, it looks better because I only have to go to one place to read the FreeBSD manual.  For Linux, there's documentation for all the little parts, and a community/wiki for any particular distribution, except that's a lot different from having a single document that covers almost everything.

And for everything else, there's this list, which has a minimum of *attitude*, which is a contrast to many linux boards I've read.

Joel

 On Tuesday 12 September 2006 06:16, Jeff Rollin wrote:
> I let a lot of BSD comments about Linux go "unpunished", but this

Joel J. Adamson
Arlington, MA