Newbie Experience #2

Bob M. bob.middaugh at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 06:36:52 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 08:46 -0400, Bob Walker wrote:
> Thanks to *all* who responded to my whining -- you've been great, and I am
> going to give FreeBSD another try. Apologies to all if I sounded like a
> twit... I was just eager to try something new as I have had it with MS
> products. Regards,
>
> Bob Walker

Sounded like you were frustrated and venting to me.  I cringed when you
said you took a few production workstations to install to.  Take one
box, and some free time, no pressure, start with the handbook from
scratch:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pre.html

You'll be pleased with your efforts when you're finished, and it only
gets better from there.  As other's have said, it's a community of
people and we've all been there before at one time or another.  Post
your questions and you'll get answers, and probably in a more timely
manner than you may expect.  Don't give up.

Bob