Extensions and Themes in Firefox

rance at frontiernet.net rance at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 11 14:19:32 PDT 2006

Quoting Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin at gmail.com>:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm using FBSD 6.1-RELEASE and I'm having trouble downloading extensions and
> themes in firefox (installed from packages). They all complain that they're
> not "supported in Unknown".
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this, please?
>
> TIA
>
> Jeff Rollin
>
> --

I solved this problem on my freebsd 6.1-STABLE box by deinstalling all
graphical web tools (Opera, Firefox, etc) enabling linux binary
compatibility, and then installing the linux versions of all those
graphical www tools I had just installed.

then the linux-plugins

I'm very pleased with the results, as many plugings dont have a BSD version.