atapicam trouble ()

Bill-Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Sun Sep 10 22:26:17 PDT 2006

At Sun, 10 Sep 2006 it looks like Josh Carroll composed:

> Neither disabling atapicam nor atapicd works on my Core2Duo system. I
> don't know whether it's related to the new IDE controllers (JMicron
> 363 and Intel ICH8) or a similar problem to what you're reporting. The
> best I can do is about 3MB/s with atapicd and DMA disabled and also
> with atapicam. Both have problems reading files from a DVD, I end up
> getting READ_BIG errors from the kernel. Sure would like to be able to
> use this DVD drive in FreeBSD! :)
>
> Josh

ahh, took a break and using the drive to test a Solaris-10 install,
been years since I tried this...  had to go find an old Intel nic
just to get networking up...  I'm a glutten for punishment!

Then I forgot to "copy" /etc/nsswitch.dns on top of
/etc/nsswitch.conf and for the life of me could not get "OUT" on to
the Internet... (giggle)

If that atapicam attempt on my part did not blow Xorg out of the
water and leave me at 800x600 I'd never be painfully beating myself
with Solaris-10 now!

Downloaded "pkg-get" so things are bearable! (grin)

--
Bill Schoolcraft <<<<*>>>> http://wiliweld.com
                    <*>