failed to enable memory mapping! (help please)

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 9 17:40:07 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

  during my 6.1 installation, I'm getting this error.

  atapci1: <Intel ICH7 SATA300 controlles> port 0x20c8-0x20cf,
0x20ec-0x20ef,0x20c0-
  0x20c7,0x20e8-0x20eb,0x20a0-0x20af  irq 19 at device 31.2 on pci
  atapci1: failed to enable memory mapping!

  Google didnot help much,
  So anyhelp please?
  Motherboard is intel945 and sata Hard drive,

  The problem is the box is shutting down sometimes.. as a sudden shuttin
down..
  The box really has no abnormal hardwares, only Rams, harddrive and the
motherboard.

  Also only running Freeradius, chillispot, MySql 4.1, apache2. acting as
NAT and hotspot login.

  Any help about this problem please?

  Where to get the logs for this shutting down, i cannot see any errors
messages or dmesg logs.

  Thank you
  Marwan.