FreeBSD not popular in Asia?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 20:00:35 PDT 2006

Dan Langille wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2006 at 22:02, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> Check out http://www.bsdstats.org ... Republic of Korea is about to push
>> the US out of first place, but there are *zero* FreeBSD boxes reporting
>> from there ... DragonFly is first, then NetBSD and then OpenBSD ...
>>
>> Are there *really* no Korean FreeBSD hosts out there ... ?
>
> Correct. There are no Korean FreeBSD hosts out there... that have
> signed up.
>
> I have about 8 or 10 boxes, I've signed up only one.  No particular
> reason.

Reported hosts for China and India are following the same pattern.  About
equal numbers of Open/Net/DFly and very few Free.  Either there's some
fairly large scale project in those countries using hundreds of those
systems, or someone is playing games.  It would be interesting to see the
reported devices for those machines, if any.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3
                                                      Kent, CT11 9PW