FreeBSD 6.1 shutting down.

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 15:22:55 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

  I'm On FreeBSD 6.1R, the box is intel945 extra Dlink NIC
  P4.3 1G DDR2, 160GB sata.

  running Freeradius, chillispot, MySql 4.1, apache2.
  acting as NAT and hotspot login.

  there is two diffrent servers with the same specifications.

  Its was working fine starting from day 1 to day 5 uptime.
  and the other box from day 1 to 3,
  with almost 30 users as hotspot login.

  On day 5, it had a sudden shutdown, some users called me reported there is
no internet
  when i checked the server i discovered the box is off power.

  The second box after 3 days had the same problem.

  when i started the power, for both...again it start to work in a goodway.

  I was shocked.. checked messages, dmesg, and almost everything I couldnot
find any clue
  in logs.. so
  question 1, How would i check what happened for this power shutting down?

  2)
  in my dmesg and since i was settingup the box, the following error was
always coming and on
  single line

  atapci1: failed to enable memory mapping!

  any help on this please?

  Marwan Sultan.