OpenOffice2 with german user interface

Simon Phoenix phoenix.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:55:45 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 09:17, Martin Schweizer wrote:
> > > I installed OOo2 successfully on FreeBSD 6.1 with KDE 3.5.3. The default
> > > language for the user interface is english. How I can change the user
> > > interface to german?
> > >
> > > What I've done:
> > > - set the environment to DE like described in the handbook (and it
works)
> > > - installed the rpm package from the OOo site with german language (for
> > > linux/intel)
> >
> > Install from ports:
> >
> > # For German
> > make LOCALIZED_LANG=de install clean
> >
> > All make knobs are in
> > the /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/files/Makefile.knobs
> >

> I did the above but the user interface is again in english (also not
> possible to change in the settings). What did I wrong?

Hmm...
Maybe You will find any help on the official page
http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/

This is my example of OO instalation:
Language: Russian

my ~/.login_conf
######################
me:\
        :charset=KOI8-U:\
        :lang=ru_RU.KOI8-R:

cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0
make
LOCALIZED_LANG=ru -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA -DWITH_CUPS -DWITH_KDE -DWITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED -DWITHOUT_GNOMEVFS
install clean

As results - all GUI, help and other OO environment are russian by default.

Good Luck!

--
Best regards,
Simon Phoenix (Phoenix Lab.)