ClamAV upgrade

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Sep 6 08:36:10 PDT 2006

Darryl Hoar wrote:

> evidently I don't have freshclam installed on
> the system as /usr/local/etc/rc.d does not
> contain clamac-freshclam.

As you mmention, you have ClamAV 0.83. If it is installed from FreeBSD
ports/packages, this old version didn't have separate startup script for
freshclam, but the freshclam binary itself should still exist (use
'which freshclam' to find it).

That being said, you really should update to newer version, 0.83 is
quite old.

> Is there any trick to installing freshclam ?
> Or do I just use /usr/ports ?

Just use ports (to upgrade ClamAV). Freshclam is part of ClamAV.

--
Toomas Aas