portmanager port upgrade question

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Mon Sep 4 22:26:26 PDT 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:44:43 -0400 stan wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade a machine, which was built only about 2 weeks agao.

Seems that either you didn't upgrade the portstree or installed a
deprecated linux_base port by hands.

>   linux_base-8-8.0_16                 /emulators/linux_base-8
>   marked                             IGNORE
>   port not installed/updated

> Can anyon tell me why this port is marked ignore? Has it been superseeded?

You may consider reading /usr/ports/UPDATING.

BTW, it's the right file to read from time to time and especially if
you have questions about the port system. ;-)

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve