requesting advice on freebsd as vmware guest

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 4 14:00:45 PDT 2006

Hi,
I have XP (3 GHz Pentium and 1.5 MB RAM) running at work and would like
to have access to a FBSD system within it.  I am not sure which vmware
product to install.  I believe vmware server is good if you need remote
connections (something I do not require at this point).  There is also
workstation and player.  So I'm looking for advice on the basic recipe
as well as any common pitfalls.
Peter