Kbtv application: I'm looking for someone who wants to take over maintainership/development

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Mon Sep 4 13:05:47 PDT 2006

FYI:

Kbtv is a small TV app for FreeBSD/KDE. It works with Brooktree/Conexant and
with Philips SAA713x based analog TV cards (I actually recommend using the
latter). AFAIK, it is the only properly working app that uses SAA (and unlike
bktr, saa never freezes or panics). Also supports webcams that work with the
pwcbsd driver. The tarball and some blahblah are now hosted at sourceforge
(also still at my website).

I also put a "recruitment" message on SF:
http://sourceforge.net/people/viewjob.php?group_id=176370&job_id=26247

I want to withdraw from this project, and would love to pass it on to one or
more people who are interested in this kind of app, rather than just
abandoning it. There is a port for it as well, it would seem logical to hand
over maintainership to that as well. It is in a good working state.

SF project page for kbtv: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbtv
My web page for kbtv: http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv
Relevant buzzwords: Python, PyKDE, SWIG, SDL, C, bktr, saa, pwc

If interested, let me know. I will gladly help you to get started.

I crossposted to have maximum exposure, if replying and CC'ing mailing list,
please CC to multimedia@ only.

Cheers,

Dan