solaris

Bill-S bill at wiliweld.com
Mon Sep 4 10:52:38 PDT 2006

At Mon, 4 Sep 2006 it looks like Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC composed:

> On Sep 4, 2006, at 8:57 AM, dick hoogendijk wrote:
>
> > On 03 Sep Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> >
> > > I am not sure about installing Solaris into an existing partition.
> >
> > I remember one of the FBSD's (a RC, but still) destroying my partition
> > table. That's the reason I ask. I know that I don't have to use the main
> > option (that's for the whole disk). But if there are no problems know of
> > with the sol installer, than I'm a little less worried. I have no space
> > backup my XP and FBSD disk parts (at the moment).

> group/solarisx86/
>
> They might be better able to help out in determining the danger of installing
> in your situation.

A second drive of course would somewhat give some relief for this
install.

I have, one a few of my boxes here, a BIOS enabled <F8> key for
selecting which disk to boot off of.  AMI I believe is the BIOS
type.

--
   Bill Schoolcraft, PO Box 210076, San Francisco, CA 94121

                      http://wiliweld.com

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."