ACPI won't shutdown

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Mon Sep 4 06:32:56 PDT 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 06:17, bsd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured a new server and everything goes find but ACPI.
>
> When Shutting down the server I have these messages :
>
>> All buffers synced.
> Uptime: 5m2s
> mpt0: Unhandled Event Notify Frame. Event 0x30
> mpt1: Unhandled Event Notify Frame. Event 0x30
> Shutting down ACPI
>

> Then nothing !!
>
> Computer seems to freeze for an infinite amount of time. I have to
> manually shutdown the computer with the Power button !
>

> Any idea ?

tell is a little about your hardware?  i have a system that does this exact
same behavior.  mine is;

supermicro 370DE6
dual pentium 3 1000
2048MB ECC-Reg'd PC133
an older samsung cdrw (this is the only ide device in the system)
3ware 6800 raid controller with 3 raid units (20GB R1, 80GB R1, 335GB R5)

my system exhibits the exact sme behavior you describe, but i too have no idea
why.  system has always had no trouble with acpi

cheers,
jonathan