Various package/ports problems

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 18:31:20 PDT 2006

Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote: On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:58:36PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> Kris Kennaway  wrote: On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 01:59:14PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
>
>> Thanks, i CAN compile from the ports collection (i never wanted to use
>>  packages). Its MANAGING this that i cant do. I can update my ports tree
>> fine, and i can go into ports directory and do a make install, sure.
>>
>> But i cant do portsversion to see what needs updating, and i cant do
>> pkg_info to find out what versions i have. So doing something like

>Why not (in both cases)?As i posted in the original message - the main question i was
asking - both of these are broken in some way. Reposting:

---

For example if i try to run "portversion" i get:

  undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass
  /usr/local/sbin/portversion:239: [BUG] Bus Error

from Ruby (ruby 1.8.5 is up to date on the system).

If i try to run "pkg_info" I quickly get:

  pkg_info: read_plist: bad command '@conflicts apache+ipv6-1.*'

(i googled for similar problems and there were a few other reports

of this, with other packages, but no suggestion of how to fix them.)

---

I manually updated Ruby and portupgrade (by updating my ports
tree and going into their /usr/ports directories and doing make install)
with no change.

This is what i am trying to solve.

Thanks.

Jen