Oh, no....

Gary Kline kline at sage.thought.org
Sat Sep 2 11:01:19 PDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 07:08:40PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-09-01 20:30, Gary Kline <kline at sage.thought.org> wrote:
> > Well, gang, for about the only time in ten or eleven years, my FreeBSD
> > has kernel crashed.   The kernel err is 18 I believe a int divide by
> > zero.  I backup most stuff regularly but still have several megs of
> > data files.   Can I fix this with a fixit disk?  Or is all hope lost?
> >
> > gary
> >
> > "Fatal trap 18: blah, blah....
> > "Uptime 1sec"
>
> Have you restarted the system that crashed?  Does it consistently panic
> when you try to boot, or was this a panic introduced by the particular
> conditions of that moment?

	100% consistent.  tHe strange thing is that when I set the
	boot-order in the BIOS to "CDROM" it's ignored.  (Maybe I
	don't have the boot CD?  that occured when I was crawling
	out of bed!)  I have all 4 f the 5.3 boxed set.

	--Another few gallons of coffee and I'll check.

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix