OT: Web development

Viswas Nair fysical at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:44:51 PDT 2006

I have this idea for a website and want to try my hand in implementing the
idea. I have never done this before and do not have a clue as to where to
start. I know programming in C and had learnt javascript a long time back. I
dont think it should be difficult for me to quickly learn python or php and
gather some knowledge in postgres. What I am concerned about is an
orientation in how web based projects are modularized and developed. How to
take care of security related concerns etc... I need to read up on this.
Could anyone suggest a good book regarding the same?

Thanks,
Vishy