Anyone Using the New Free Mulberry Mail Client?

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Fri Sep 1 19:13:30 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 19:19, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Friday, September 01, 2006 17:33:30 +0100 RW
>
> <list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:
> >> You can easily correct this by creating a symlink:
> >>
> >> ls -s /usr/local/lib/mulberry/Resources/ ~/.mulberry/
>
> This is incorrect.  It should be:
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/mulberry/Resources ~/.mulberry/
>
> > The problem was that extracting Mulberry.tgz produces a hidden .mulberry
> > directory in the current directory, which  should be in ~/  before
> > running  the binary. I extracted in a temporary location, failed to spot
> > this hidden  directory, and just moved the binary to ~/bin/. Removing
> > ~/.mulberry and  re-extracting in my home directory fixed the problem.
> > BTW it actually  contains  plugin and icon directories as well as
> > resources.
>
> Yes, but that only works for you.  For people setting up servers for
> mulitple users, that's not a good solution.

I didn't say it was, it was just that my specific problem was that I deleted
the resources directory without knowing it existed. For my own use, I don't
see the point in putting anything under /usr until there is a port.

And it's not just the Resources directory that's important, SSL/TLS support is
provided by a plugin.