nfsiod

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Tue Oct 31 23:48:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 04:09:14PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> On my system, sysctl(8) shows that vfs.nfs.iodmin is 4. And this
> is out of the box on a fresh install of 6.1 in which I told
> sysinstall that I wanted no NFS. Sounds like a bug. Now that you've
> explained where the knobs are, I see that I can work around it
> via lines in /boot/loader.conf, which can set sysctl variables
> at the time when the kernel is loaded. But the bug should be
> addressed in 6.2. If you're not running NFS, you don't need NFS-
> related processes laying around.
>
> --Brett Glass

The default value for vfs.nfs.iodmin was 4 in 6.1.  It has since been
changed to 0 in both -CURRENT and RELENG_6.

If you are really sure that you don't need NFS, then I guess the best for
you would be to use a custom kernel configuration with all NFS options
removed.  Then you can be quite certain that nothing NFS-related will
be activated.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson