PERC 5/E SAS RAID in Dell PowerEdge 1950/2950

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Oct 31 16:58:59 UTC 2006

> It finds the RAID controller fine.  However, we're very concerned about
> the lack of a management CLI like ports/sysutils/megarc.

Now that 6.2 release is imminent and bce(4) has been patched to the point
where it is relatively stable, we're nearing the point where we can
finally put Dell PowerEdge 1950s/2950s into production.

However the lack of a MFI CLI management utility is still a grave concern.
Without it, there is no way to proactively monitor the RAID controller for
failed components (aside from sitting there 24/7/365 and waiting for a
blue light to go amber)

~BAS