Dell 2950 Perc 5/i RAID Controller and FreeBSD 6.1 Question

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Oct 31 16:51:25 UTC 2006

It would be very very useful if you provided dmesg(8), bsdlabel(8), and
fdisk(8) outputs to illustrate the problem.

For each RAID group you assemble in the BIOS/CMOS utility, you should see
a seaparate mfid[0-9] phyiscal device.  Once properly partitioned, they
should each contain "s1" slice -- for some reason we number disks from 0
but slices from 1 (possibily because the BIOS does)

Then each physical slice can be BSD labeled'd with [a-z]

~BAS