things-Mail: update

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Oct 30 17:26:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:38:27AM -0800, Rem P Roberti wrote:

> >>I couldn't find that string in Thunderbird's about:config.
> >>

> >If you don't find the string, just create it.  Right-click in the config
> >pane and use New -> String to enter the name and its value.
> >

> Yes, I created the string and inserted the value, but still can't get
> Thunderbird to bring up Firefox via URL.  Very frustrating.

	When I had similar  problems clicking on URL's in evolution
	and firefox doing zip, I finally found something like a
	'gnome control center' sub-application that I had to toggle
	to allow the click to spawn firegox.

	I've been wedged in trying to keep my ports current here--
	which is common--so I'm missing lots of things-Gnome as well
	as evolution, epiphany (or "dbus").  I'll check on my Ubuntu
	server and see if I make any notes on this.

	gary

   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix