Set default python to 2.5?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Oct 27 13:51:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:06:28 -0400
Nicolas Blais <nb_root at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to set the default python to 2.5. I've updated python
> to 2.5 about 2 weeks ago when it became default. Since some were having
> issues, it was defaulted back to 2.4.
> I'm not having any problems (and I have lots of ports that use python), and
> would like to keep 2.5, but everytime I portupgrade, I'm asked to "upgrade"
> python-2.5 to python-2.4.3,1 and anything that depends on python which would
> need updating tries to install 2.4.3,1.
>
> Is there a make.conf flag or something I can do to make 2.5 my default python?

/usr/ports/UPDATING:
---
20061009:
  AFFECTS: users of any ports using Python
  AUTHOR: perky at FreeBSD.org

  After upgrading of lang/python, you must rebuild all its consumer
  ports to make them get ready to Python 2.5.

  To do this, you will need to:
    pkgdb -uf && cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages

----

did you do all that ?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot

Warned.