Auto Create home directory

Nicklas B. Westerlund nicklas at dinpris.no
Fri Oct 27 12:32:41 UTC 2006

Ansar Mohammed skrev:
> Hello,

Mohammed,
> I have a network based on FreeBSD and I have a centralized ldap server
> running OpenLDAP. I am using ldapeditor (http://www.ldapeditor.com
> <http://www.ldapeditor.com/> ) to manage the accounts. However, ldapeditor
> is a Windows program and it does not have a way to auto create user home
> directories. How can I auto create home directories?

You might want to take a look at pam_mkhomedir (security/pam_mkhomedir
in ports)

Regards,
Nick.

---
This is a PAM module which will create the $HOME for the user authenticated,
if it's not already there. It also copies over files from a skel directory
( default /usr/share/skel ) and can set the permission of the newly created
$HOME to a value of your choice
---