two NIC and nfs

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Oct 23 22:15:15 UTC 2006

 Le 23/10/2006 à 13:43:58-0800, Jeff Mohler a écrit
> Well..the right way to do this is with a switch that can etherchannel
> the NICs together, im not sure if Fbsd can do that..of course.

I don't think so (it's basic switch).

> But..are you really peaking out at 100Mb/sec with your existing NFS
> architechture that you need a second pipe?
>
> If you're not, I doubt a second pipe would speed anything up.

Well....not of course...but when I make my snapshot (by rsnapshot) I can
make big load.

And more of that, I have two NIC and it's...well...i'm little sad when I've
see one do not use....;-) Now I can make 110 Mbytes/s (in output) with 3 clients in
read. Of course on my client I don't have same speed....
I «want» also known if the speed limitation is by the NIC and/or other
thing.

For answer  Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad at shire.net> no I can't do that
(well easy do..) because my client have only on NIC and the client is XDM
server. And all my user-client (connected by xdmcp) is on same subnet.

It's very complicate if I want two subnet for my servers.

> >through

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH