two NIC and nfs

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Oct 23 21:53:01 UTC 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Albert Shih wrote:

>  Le 23/10/2006 à 13:09:21-0800, Jeff Mohler a écrit
>> Are nic1 and nic2 on the same network?
>>

>> Are client2 and nic2 on the same network?
>>

> Yes all in same subnet, all connected on the same gigabits switch.

The easiest thing is to set up a separate subnet for server nic 2 and
client nic 2, perhaps as an alias on the existing one.  Use a private
netblock like 192.168.n to separate them out.

I do this.  I have a single nic in the client (but I have multiple
clients) and the nfs server has 4 nics.  nic 1 is 192.168.1.x and nic
2 is 192.168.2.x and nic 3 is 192.168.3.x and nic 4 is 192.168.4.x .

I am actually running one of my clients with 1 nic with aliased
addresses talking to 2 separate nics on the server, mainly for
testing purposes to separate different share while I did some packet
sniffing to solve an unrelated problems.

Chad