IBM DB2 on FreeBSD 6.1

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 23 06:08:01 UTC 2006

 [ top-posting sucks, content reordered logically ]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:01:22 +0000 (GMT)
GeistTeufel <geistteufel at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> [...]

Since we can run oracle .. we might have luck with db2 also :)

> I'm really interest of doing it work well on freebsd but with no bug,
> or nothing due to a mistake in emulation ... And by the way it's an
> emulation, I'm feared that performance could be worst than on pure
> linux desktop

It depends how linux-centric it is. Our emulation layer is usually light.

BOFH excuse #357:
I'd love to help you -- it's just that the Boss won't let me near
the computer.