fstab & (local) mount -- FreeBSD Port: sysutils/fusefs-curlftpfs

martinko gamato at pobox.sk
Sat Oct 21 01:50:51 UTC 2006

Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:10:54PM +0200, martinko wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> This is from CurlFtpFS FAQ:
>>
>> # *How can I make CurlFtpFS mount automatically at startup?*
>> You can add it to /etc/fstab. Example:
>>
>>   curlftpfs#ftp.host.com /mnt/host fuse rw,uid=500,user,noauto 0 0
>>

>> However, it does not work on FreeBSD -- mount fails with this complain:
>> mount: exec mount_fusefs not found in /sbin:/usr/sbin: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> Of course, we have it here: /usr/local/sbin/mount_fusefs
>>
>> Is there any workaround or could this be fixed/amended somehow pls ??
>>

> Looks like you need to add /usr/local/sbin to your path.
>
> ////jerry

Hi,

I do not think that is the case:

$ env | grep PATH
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mato/bin

It seems that mount(8) is hardcoded or something to look only in those
two directories, ignoring any /usr/local/sbin stuff.

So the original question remains -- what can be done about it ??

M.