FreeBSD 6.1 max sockets

ke han ke.han at redstarling.com
Fri Oct 20 08:18:02 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply.
This app is intended to keep 20,000++ sockets alive at a time.  These
sockets are very long lived.
I understand about kqueue.  I will eventually write for this.
What I need to understand are the various kernel tunings required to
handle 20,000++ active sockets.  I would like to approach the
theoretical max...is it 64k?  That is, is the absolute max socket
descriptors 64k?  any thing else in the way of this maximum?
thanks, ke han