tao.thought.org is back.....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri Oct 20 05:10:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:47:25AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-10-19 12:38, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:22:44PM -0700, Chuck Swiger wrote:

	[[ ... ]]

 >  I see an
> > example as the  equivalent of 10K words.
>
> I'll let Chuck write what he had in mind :)
>

> > Is there any way of testing this after I have set up my table
> > entries?  In other words, how do I re-initialize things without
> > having to  (ugh) *reboot*.
>
> If you modify `mailertable' in `/etc/mail', you should be able to run:
>
>     # cd /etc/mail
>     # make mailertable.db
>
> to update it.  A reboot is not necessary for Sendmail changes.

	For unknown reasons, mail started to be "refused" from my
	mailserver just as I was heading out this afternoon.  It may have
	been a bad DHCP lease, ??  Anyway, a make restart and other
	reinitializations didn't seem to work, so my next guess is that I
	didn't restart my maps, databases correctly.  If I ever have
	enough courage to test these theories in the next 95 years, I'll
	know.  Meanwhile, I've got to beg help from some REAL system
	admins here.  Postfix looks worth trying, but like I said, iff
	a wizard is handcuffed to the nearest chair:)

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix