Flash player 9 Beta is Live

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Thu Oct 19 17:13:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 06:32:14PM +0300, Dimiter Ivanov wrote:

> http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/10/beta_is_live.html
>
> I have downloaded the stand alone player and it works out of the box.
> Anyone having expirience with the browser plugin ?
>
> I'm using 6.1 Release and KDE 3.5.4

OK.   That sounds promising.

But, is this limited to KDE or how about plain Firefox running
on plain ole FreeBSD 6.1 with a fairly plain Windows manager?
Does it requite the Lunix compatibility stuff?

I am reading through the stuff on the web pages, but I am
really foggy about plugins and compatibility issues and it
doesn't mention the stuff that would make feel reassured.

////jerry