tao.thought.org is back.....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Oct 18 23:53:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:36:37PM +0100, Jan Grant wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > 	My one question is given that mail defaults to my
> > 	ns1.thought.org, HOW can I get it to go to (say) zen.thought.org,
> > 	or to tao.thought.org?  or to ethos.thought.org?   OR what
> > 	re-initialization do I  have to do?  other than a shutdown -r
> > 	now??
>
> Sounds like you need a mailertable entry that maps your incoming domain
> name to smtp:whatever.thought.org

	Hm.  I did use the mailertable until a few years ago.  Here's
	what I had.  What I never understood was how the "%1" in the
	rely entry/line worked.  t

	Now that I (somehow) have kline at thought.org -> kline at tao.thought.org,
	I'm relectant to mess with things.   What *may* have fixed thing
	was when I put [bck] this mapping into virtuserable.   ---I do
	have
	scripts to re-pinit stuff, but it didn't work until I did a full
	reset (reboot).

	Thanks for this1! Anybody else know how to do change this and
	reinitialize???

	gary

	Re:

##
## List of domains (possibly wildcarded) and destination mailers
##
#.my.domain             xnet:%1.my.domain
#uuhost1.my.domain      suucp:uuhost1
#.bitnet                        smtp:relay.bit.net
# (21dec03 1730)
# thought.org   tao.thought.org
.thought.org    relay:[%1.thought.org]

--