PCI wireless adapter card

Bob M. bob.middaugh at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 14:45:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 01:28 -0600, Tyler Thompson wrote:
> i need a driver for a Wireless-G PCI adapter card with SpeedBooster,
> the model number is WMP54GS. and instructions on installing the
> driver.  I am new to BSD.  I am running Desktop BSD 1.0 AMD 64.

There isn't a native FreeBSD driver, so you'll have to convert the
windows driver using ndisgen.  It's an interactive script that walks you
through the process, pretty straightforward.

Check the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html

see the man page as well: man ndisgen

You'll need the .inf and .sys files from wmp54gs.

Bob