What's so compelling about FreeBSD?

Peter A. Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Tue Oct 17 16:02:31 PDT 2006

On 2006/10/17 14:48, Girish Venkatachalam seems to have typed:
> But there is no gainsaying the fact that at least my hardware is
> supported albeit buggily or ineffectively...

I don't mean to be rude, but if hardware support is your only criteria,
why not just run Windows?  If you don't care that its buggy or
ineffective, and you don't want to check that it is supported before you
buy it, you just want it to support everything, it would seem to me that
Microsoft's OS is the obvious choice....