Upgrading in the same RELENG without shutdown ?

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Oct 17 01:12:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I was wondering if there is a way to patch (upgrading from 5.4-
> RELEASE-p8 to a higher version) my system without going into the
> classic :

Considering that the system is like 10,000 km away,I cannot pay it a
visit when I need to boot to single mode.

So, I doeverything in multi user mode, knowing that there is no user
connected to the system (web server).

Though I do reboot every time that the procedure expects me to reboot,
event if it is rebooting in multi -instead of single- user mode.

It worked fine so far.

Olivier