Performance 4.x vs. 6.x

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 23:13:15 UTC 2006

--- Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 02:01:08PM -0400,
> Michael Butler wrote:
> > For everyone's benefit then, please feel free
> to submit your patches
> > along with your technical analysis.
>
> I think his best bet is a fork, instead.  Then
> he can tell all the people
> that volunteer to work on _his_ project exactly
> what to do, and see how
> far he gets with that approach.
>
> As an extra-special bonus, since it's the BSD
> license, he can start with
> whatever version of FreeBSD he finds most meets
> his needs.
>
> Even better, with his own project, he can then
> redirect all his postings
> there and leave the rest of us in peace.
>
> Until then, I think I'll watch out for any
> flying monkeys.  I consider
> their existance equally probable.
>
> mcl

Why do I need to start a project? Matt Dillon is
already doing it.

One thing that Matt has proved is that IQ isn't
cumulative. Because hes doing on his own what an
entire team of FreeBSD "engineers" can't do. But
hey, you're not getting paid, so I guess we
shouldn't expect anything good. Bravo for trying
guys. We appreciate your wasted efforts.

I'm not nearly as concerned about the project at
this point. Dfly will be usable before freebsd,
and at least we know there's someone that knows
what they're doing over there. What concerns me
is the lying to all of the small businessman out
there. People wasting their money on hardware
that freebsd can't utilize. And you clowns
telling them how great it is. Its just plain
dishonest.

DT