libphp4.so not installed from /usr/ports/lang/php4 and mod_php4 is gone??!!

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Sun Oct 15 16:39:49 PDT 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 18:18, Bill Moran wrote:
> Lane <lane at joeandlane.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install mod_php on an existing apache13 server.
> >
> > The original config documentation requires that this entry be added to
> > httpd.conf:
> >
> > LoadModule php4_module       libexec/apache/libphp4.so
> >
> > libphp4.so was previously built by /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 (iirc) but
> > that port has apparently been merged into /usr/ports/lang/php4
> >
> > So I compiled the port with -DAPACHE=yes and I got the pkg-message.mod
> > message telling me to add
> >
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> >

> > to httpd.conf
> >
> > However, libphp4.so was not created, nor was it installed.  Nor is there
> > any mention of libphp4.so in pkg-plist (or anywhere, as far as I can
> > tell).
> >
> > So ... now the question ....
> >
> > How do I get mod_php working again? (with Apache13)
>
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
> make config
> (select the Apache module from the menu)
> rebuild/reinstall php.
Thanks, Bill.

But that does not install libphp4.so.  libphp4.so is not created, or if it is
created it has a name OTHER than libphp4.so.

After taking the steps you describe, I expect that I should get something in a
directory listing such as:

ls -al /usr/local/libexec/apache | grep php

However nothing is listed

Nor is anything listed when I do:

ls -al /usr/local/libexec/apache | grep "Oct 14"  Apparently no new modules
where added today.

I thought maybe it was installed in another place, so I ran

/etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate

and then:

locate mod_php

But still I get nothing.

Perhaps mod_php is no longer available for FreeBSD 5.4?

lane