skype/webcam

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sat Oct 14 04:26:58 PDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:15:58 -0700
Andriy Babiy <ABabiy at shaw.ca> wrote:

> If you have a webcam installed, the Skype in Windows environment allows for a
> video session. Does the Skype, ported to UNIX environment, have a feature to
> enable the video session? If not, what port with similar capabilities should
> I use? Currently, I use Skype for audio session only, and think of buying a
> webcam.

Skype for windows is in ... i dont know... version 2.5 or something. the linux
version is 12.0.18 , with 1.3 still on Beta. Video was introduced in the 2.x
series at least, so I think you'll be out of luck with native video on Skype.

there *may* be a 3rd party app that may speak to the skype api to allow for
video, but i haven't heard or seen of any of the unix world.

I'd love to be proven wrong though :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If you find God, do you get to keep him/her?

Warned.