Non English Spam

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Oct 13 19:43:39 PDT 2006

On Oct 13, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> I'm getting a ton of spam every day  that comes from China, Japan
> and Korea.
> Spam Assassin completely ignores it because it has all non-english
> characters

I don't know what settings affect this but SpamAssassin actually
catches most of the Japanese and Chinese language spam we get (have
not seen Korean).  (I have whitelisted a couple of Japan email
addresses that send us legit email in Japanese but others that are
not spam do not get flagged that often as spam -- don't ask me how it
works).

Chad

> and slows kmail to a crawl loading. Is there a way to filter on non-
> english
> either using Spam Assassin or procmail?
>
> Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Beech