custom kernel, make buildkernel and then?

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Wed Oct 11 05:43:22 PDT 2006

Hello,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Spiros Papadopoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What i simply do is:
>
> 1. Enter the /usr/src/sys/*/conf directory
> 2. copy GENERIC to whatever name i wish (no new dirs, no links)
> 3. Alter the file to my needs
> 4. cd /usr/src
> 5. make buildkernel KERNCONF='name'
> 6. make installkernel KERNCONF='name'
> 7. shutdown -r now

Which is what I did eventually and it now works beautifully! I edited the
conf file to my liking and it works! Thank you everyone on this list.
You are very patient for newbies like myself and I can't stress enough how
much I appreciate the time you are devoting to help me/us.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot