Upgrading firmware on Areca RAID card?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 16:29:19 PDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Bob Willcox <bob at immure.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to upgrade the firmware on my Areca ARC-1210 SATA RAID
> card. Has anyone out there done this, and if so, do you have any advice
> on doing it?
>
> I have downloaded a program called archttp32 that appears to be a
> FreeBSD 4.2 32-bit version of the Arec http proxy server but I really
> need a 64-bit version (I suppose that would be called archttp64),
> preferably build on FreeBSD 6.1 (or thereabouts).
>
> Any tips, pointers, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC the new driver (1.20.00.12) supports automatic firmware upgrades.
I have some patches floating around in the freebsd PR database that
will sync the default driver (version 1.20.00.02) in FreeBSD 6.x to
the latest areca sources, which is 1.20.00.12. I never tested this
feature... It may blow your card up :-)