Newbie Question - looking for suggestions of small ports to install on stand-alone system without internet connection

ograbme ograbme at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:09:26 PDT 2006

I would like a few recommendations for small "ports" to try to install
on my stand-alone machine.

The stand-alone machine does not have connection to the internet;
however, I do have a set of four (4)CD from the FreeBSD Mall and two
(2) of the CD's have 'ports' on them.  I would like to select one, two
or three ports to install on this machine ... to go through the steps
and experience of the ports process using the cdroms, sooooo ... in
essence I'm looking for suggestions of ports of a small nature (if
there is such a thing).

Thanks in advance.