FreeBSD and 2 ADSL links

Peter A. Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 15:25:26 PDT 2006

On 2006/10/05 13:59, Thiago Rocha seems to have typed:
> hi!
>
> Brazilian I and do not say English, I forgive for any error!
>
> I have a FreeBSD Server (5.4). This server links ADSL has two, and I need to
> balance the load between them, e also case one stops the other keeps the
> connection.

I don't believe that you will be able to load balance two connections
without assistance from your ISP.  You could "split" the traffic between
two interfaces, but you can't truly "load balance".  One of the many
threads on this topic can be found here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-isp/2004-June/002219.html