scripting question

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:28:13 PDT 2006

On 10/2/06, jan gestre <freebsd.ph at gmail.com> wrote:
> i made a script and put on root's crontab, however it's not doing or showing
> the output that is forwarded to my email address correctly therefore i'm not
> sure if it is working or not. below is what the script look like:

> 30 8 * * * root /usr/local/bin/cvsrun | mail -s "Daily cvsup run and
> portmanager" user1

Why don't you make this a periodic script. Put it in
'/usr/local/etc/periodic/weekly/299.cvrun' and it will be run every
week with the rest of your periodic; with periodic you get much
better control over where output is sent.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--