6.1 and NFS

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Mon Oct 2 09:07:59 PDT 2006

Kris Kennaway writes:

> There are a number of PRs I filed, but those aren't all of the
> problems.  It will require fairly major work to fix - the best hope
> would be if someone was funded to work on it.

A couple of months back the place I work for had a number of issues with
NFS. We tried to find someone to work with us and we were offering to pay.
After weeks searching I was unable to find someone. A few weeks later We got
in touch with Mohan Srinivasan who graciously spent time during his vacation
to help us.

Although I believe our problems were in a good deal related to our own
network quality the state of the NFS server seems to need some considerable
work. Also we found a couple of additional bugs with the client which made
things even worse.

So.. if there is someone who is willing to work on NFS.. as a contract there
needs to be a way for companies willing to fund it to get in touch with such
person(s). Perhaps there could be a list/forum where people familiar with
internals such as NFS, can post their availability and willingness to do
contract work so companies willing to fund development in a particular area
can get in touch with the right people.