Nvidia has drivers for FreeBSD (but my xorg is already working)

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun Nov 12 18:57:15 UTC 2006

On 11/11/2006 01:28, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On 10 Nov Damian Wiest wrote:

>> Until NVidia decides to provide proper documentation for their cards,
>> I'd avoid them and go with an ATI product.
>
> Hmm, Nvidia cards generaly work much better on FreeBSD as well as solaris
> then ATI cards. I would never buy a card on its documentation quality.

I believe DW was referring to the engineering "documentation" of the
underlying hardware, so that a proper open source driver could be
developed.  Not the "Users Guide".

Without proper docs, an open source drive can not be developed.  Hence
everyone is forced to use whatever NVidia decides is worth developing.

--
Regards,
Eric