More mergemaster errors

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Wed May 31 09:47:11 PDT 2006

I did a fresh install from a 6.1 ISO and then used cvsup to get the the latest
stable, approximately 17:00 EDT May 30,2006.

I did a mergemaster -p at the appropriate spot to add the audit group. I think
buildword complained about the missing group. Then I did:

   mergemaster -ai -m "."

Processing started normally when it did 11,627 compiles ending with:

/usr/src/sbin/ipf/ipf/../../../contrib/ipfilter/tools/ipf_y.y:1588: error:
storage size of `logwords' isn't known
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sbin/ipf/ipf.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sbin/ipf.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sbin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

  *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to . and install files to
      the temproot environment

The problem is the -m parameter. This construct worked in 4.x and in fact was
required if doing NFS installs.

Is this an error?

_____
Douglas Denault