pkg_upgrade?

Joe dev at freedomcircle.net
Tue May 30 15:13:49 PDT 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:51:51PM -0400, Joe wrote:
 >> [...]
>> It failed to update expat however, because it kept looking in the
>> 6.0-RELEASE paths.  I presume this is because even though the binary
>> upgrade of the base to 6.1 went well, uname, etc., think I still have a
>> 6.0 machine.  So where is the *real* version id stored and how can it be
>> (should it be?) safely modified?
>
> It's reported by the kernel, so if it's still saying 6.0-RELEASE then
> that's what you're still running.

I don't have access to the system right now, but after the sysinstall I
looked at some of the files in /bin and saw that most had a date of May
6, 2006 (or thereabouts) so I assumed that meant the binary upgrade had
been successful.  How can I verify that the actual kernel was upgraded?
  Also, I haven't been able to locate much information about a binary
upgrade in the Handbook.  The only reference was in the INSTALL.htm in
the release directory.

Joe