I have some questions about natd and firewall....^_^|||

董佑龍 ss650120 at ms10.hinet.net
Tue May 30 04:04:24 PDT 2006

Hello:
    My English is not good. I am sorry about this first.   ~_~

    My system:  FreeBSD + IPFW + NAT

    Question 1:  about NAT (in FreeBSD)
                I built a "natd.conf" and it's contents are below:
                    redirect_address 192.168.0.1 140.115.10.22

                I have 2 computers in the LAN: 192.168.0.200 and
192.168.0.201.
                The redirect rule (above) will affect any connection which
destination is 140.115.10.22.
                But, I don't want this rule to redirect the packets sent
from 192.168.0.200.(ie. This rule will affect all nodes inside the LAN but
192.168.0.200) Can I make it?

    Question 2: about Firewall (in FreeBSD)
                Is there any argument in IPFW just like the function of the
"redirect_address" in NAT can be used? If it is, I think it may can solve
the above problem.

    I hope I can get your reply.  Deeply appreciate  ^_^

                                                                ~felix